How do I get a Canadian SIN card (Social Insurance Number)?

A Canadian SIN card is important – once you have landed and have your valid visa you need to apply for a SIN card. It’s a very easy process, all you need to do is go to a Service Canada centre http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/sc-srch.cgi?ln=eng and apply. You will be issued with a number immediately and the card will follow in the mail a couple of days later.

This is a little like your ID book, however you never share the number with anyone (except your employer) because of Identity theft.

Your children will also be issued with their own SIN card number, so they will need to accompany you when you apply.

What is the transport system like? Will I need to buy a car?

The transit systems are superb and depending on where you live you can do with out a car. There is a very good network of railways across the country and regular commutes into the major city centres are done via rail. Connecting outlying areas and suburbs to this network is a regular bus schedule as well as street cars closer to the cities. Cabs are also easily available.

Expect to pay +- $2.25 per km depending on traffic and time of day. Remember we offer a meet and greet service, which is considerably more cost effective than $130-$150. when arriving with luggage and having to make use of a SUV taxi.

Close our SA accounts

Don’t close your SA bank account if you are ever expecting to get retirement monies etc out of SA in the future.