Faqs / Do I need to re-take my drivers license?

Yes, you will need to retake your license. It is important to have your South African license endorsed – they will provide a letter confirming that you had a valid drivers license in South African and the number of years you have had it for. Ensure any fines are paid up in South Africa as they have been known to include information on any outstanding fines or not issue the endorsement until fines are all paid up. http://www.dfa.gov.za/consular/drivers_license.htm

Once you have the endorsed letter you can drop by any licensing center and take a written test – this is very similar to the test you would have written in South Africa. It is a multiple-choice examination. Once you have successfully passed this section you can take you road test and once this is passed you will be issued with a credit card sized license with your photo and relevant details.

If you are a new driver or don’t have the SA endorsement letter you will need to do a graduated approach. http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/driving-and-roads

Expect to pay about $2500 per year for insurance or more until you have at least 5 years Canadian driving experience behind you.

Posted in: Home

  • Ubuntu Cafe and Bakery

    Our coffee shop and bakery serves, among other, typical South African treats, including coconut i...

    • October 3, 2014
  • The Cook Sista

    “We hope that the flavour, texture and aroma of our freshly baked goods will bring back treasured...

    • October 3, 2014
  • Toronto & G.T.A Real Estate and RelocatioN Services

    Are you moving to Toronto? Are you looking for a property to rent or purchase? My team has succes...

    • February 3, 2014

    The one and only in Canada!! -lime milkshake and many more. -choc 99 -pot pies with pepper steak...

    • October 23, 2013
  • Frantastic

    Frantastic Treats & Events is a specialty bakery and catering service providing Unique, Custo...

    • October 21, 2013